Bengali fish korma recipe
Bengali fish korma recipe is a simple Bengali fish recipe favored by many Indian families. The fish most commonly used to prepare this dish is a type of freshwater carp or rui maach . If you do not have access to bengali fish, you can also use salmon, pomfret, sea bass, snapper, tilapia or catfish.
Unlike other parts of India, Bengali recipes call for frying the main ingredient in mustard oil before adding it to the sauce or curry. This is believed to enhance the flavors and make the fish, meat or egg better absorb the spices in the sauce. Here is the complete recipe for this delicious quick and easy bengali fish korma recipe.
It may interest you (Fish taco recipe tilapia with cabbage: Easy and quick home recipe)
New delicious fish recipes
Details: ¿ How to make bengali fish korma recipe easy ?
🍽️ Category: Recipe
🍳Type of cuisine: Homemade
🔪 Preparation: 10 minutes
🍲 Cooking: 20 minutes
⏱️ Total time: 30 minutes
🔥 Calories: 320 kcal
👫 Servings: 4 people
- For the fish:
- 2.2 kg (1 kg) of rohu fillets cut into pieces (clean and without scales)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cooking mustard, vegetable, canola, or sunflower oil
- For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons cooking mustard, vegetable, canola, or sunflower oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons mustard/vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- 1 large bay leaf
- 5 crushed green cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, ground to a smooth paste in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon coriander (dhani)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened yogurt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of eau chaude
- 1/4 cup of coriandre fraîche feuilles / coriandre, hachée très fine
How to prepare bengali fish korma recipe easy and fast
- Readiness of the fish
- Wash the fish well, channel ALL the water and dry each piece with a paper towel. Place the fish in a bowl. Sprinkle the turmeric (haldi) and salt over the fish and blend well so that each piece of fish is very much covered with the marinade. Let represent 30 minutes.
- At the point when the fish has marinated, place a skillet over medium intensity to sear the fish. At the point when the skillet is hot, add the cooking oil and intensity.
- Sear the fish pieces until brilliant brown on the two sides. Try not to swarm the dish and make sure to be delicate with the fish, as it cooks rapidly and can break without any problem. Once broiled, eliminate them to retentive paper to deplete and save for sometime in the future.
- Arrangement of the sauce
- Utilize a similar oil (add more if important) to broil the potatoes until half cooked and brilliant brown. Channel and save on retentive paper for sometime in the future.
- Assuming there is cooking oil left finished (fish and potatoes), use it in the subsequent stage. Add more if essential. Heat the oil over medium intensity and add the sound leaf, cardamom cases and cumin seeds. Sauté until they quit shaking. Presently add the onion glue, ginger glue and garlic glue and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Presently add the tomatoes, turmeric, coriander (dhania), cumin (jeera) and yogurt. Mix to blend well. Broil this flavor combination until the oil begins isolating from it shaping a sheen on the highest point of the blend. This might require as long as 10 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of high temp water and the recently broiled potatoes to this combination. Heat to the point of boiling and diminish heat. Cook until the potatoes are finished.
- Presently add the recently broiled fish parts of the sauce and mix delicately. Cook for another 4-5 minutes to warm the fish. Switch off the intensity and trimming the dish with the slashed new coriander leaves.
- Present with newly pre-arranged plain rice.
More delicious fish recipes
Here I leave you the superior and innovative fish recipes that are simple, fast and delicious in the menu below will love it! Try them today! Cook, enjoy … and then, if you want, share.